Senior Java Developer- Helsinki- Java, Telecoms, Linux, Oracle, High Performance, Continuous Integration, Automation
My Client is an international software development company in the telecoms sector based in Helsinki. They specialise in developing customized software solutions for their customers in the telecom sector and delivering outstanding IT services.
As part of a product development team you will be working with products for Fulfilment and Activation and Provisioning. Designing and implementing high availability, high throughput and low latency applications for the telecom market. You’ll work in an agile team with close contact with other agile development teams.
- Software specification and implementation
- QA Tasks
- Defining and reviewing application requirements
- Problem solving and fixing
- Creating and maintaining product documentation
- Customer support and maintenance
- Participating in team work
- Interacting with other team members, other teams and product stakeholders to ensure the system's quality, productivity, and customer satisfaction
- BSc or MSc level degree in technology or computing or comparable experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar fields.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Fluency in English, Finnish is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Experience with UNIX and Linux operating systems
- At least 3 years experience in Java/J2EE and Applications Servers
- Good knowledge of SQL, Oracle RDBMS
My client offers an interesting challenge in an innovative and exciting environment with the freedom to make decisions and influence management. With development sites in the UK and Asia, they also offer the chance to travel to different sites and do training or knowledge sharing. There is also the opportunity to progress into a more senior development or architect role in the future.
Additional benefits include on-going training with new technologies, insurance and a great salary package.
J People , specialist recruiters of Java skilled technologists, is a trading style of VMR Consultants Ltd and is working as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy.
For further information please contact email@example.com
Start Date: 24/01/2013
Email a Friend
Subscribe to this feed